If you’re reading this, thank you! Hardly anybody does. Mostly it’s my friends who see my posts on Facebook. When I started a blog back in 2009, it was mostly so I would have a place to write down my thoughts and share my ideas with whoever might run across it. I enjoy writing, and blogging was and is a great way to do that. I started paying attention to other blogs, especially what other Catholic moms like me were writing about. That’s how I discovered Jen and Therese and Christine and many others. I started paying attention to the numbers, and which posts got more views, and started looking for ways to boost my readership. I dreamed (and still do) of meeting some of the people who inspired me to keep writing. I discovered more blogs, and found myself spending more and more time reading them. I tried to post more and more often; and even started a blog about cooking my way through Nicholas Sparks’ novels. That one was a lot of fun, and I would love to get back into that, or at least do something similar with books and food.
I got into running, and started reading blogs about that (Hello Katie!) It was surprising to me how much of a passion running would become in my own life, and I naturally added it to the growing list of things I blogged about. My time spent reading and writing blogs was already rapidly diminishing, though. Other things were taking up my time. Which isn’t a bad thing by any means, but I do miss the writing. I read far fewer blogs now than I used to, I’m sorry to say; although I’m becoming an avid fan of certain podcasts. There is no way I’d have time to produce one of those, and I salute all those who take time out of their busy schedules to do so!
Anyway, enough with the navel-gazing. Here’s a glimpse of some of the things going on in my life over these last two months:
- I got to see the Pope. I can’t wait to tell you more about that.
- I ran the Hokie Half Marathon in September in 2:18:33, my fastest yet. And I wasn’t really trying to beat myself. Go figure. More details to come (I hope).
- Ray and I had a lovely weekend getaway in October to Savannah. The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is spectacular. Stay tuned for more. Eventually. Thank you for your patience.
- Matt is off to college, joined the Virginia Tech men’s choir, and has already landed a leading role in the spring musical, The Twenty-Fifth Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
- Did you know our boys have a band? It’s called Interrabang, with Matt on keyboard and vocals, Chris on lead guitar and vocals, Nick on drums, and their friend R. on bass guitar. They recently put out an EP with the help of their instructor and mentor, Dave Goodrich. It’s on iTunes, and you can even buy it on Amazon. Check it out!
- I just realized I never did post any photos or memories here from our vacation in August to Sunset Beach. Perhaps I will…
- I’m running the Richmond Marathon THIS SATURDAY!! It will be my first. I managed a 23.57-mile training run a few weeks ago. It wasn’t bad until the last couple of miles. I hope I can hold out for 26.2. Wish me luck. I KNOW I’ll be telling you all about that. I just hope it’s all about how awesome it was and how I can’t wait to do another one; not about how it sucked. Wish me luck.
There ya go. I’ll link this to Kelly’s blog come Friday. Maybe by then I’ll have posted something else here, who knows?
I’ll leave you with a couple of photos of me trying out a friend’s ElliptiGo machine back in September. What a hoot. I’m not entirely sure if I want one, but they sure are cool.
Have a great week!